Monday, May 9, 2016

SOTA Alert: Sulphur Springs Mountain, W6/NC-406

Thursday 12 May 2016, 18:00 UTC (11:00 a.m. local time)
52.525 MHz, 446.000 MHz, 146.520 MHz (all FM)

This will be my second attempt at activating this summit. The first time, a lack of proper research led me down the wrong path--literally. Now that I am more confident of the proper route, I'm going to give it another shot.

I would really like to make some FM contacts on 6 meters and 70 centimeters this time (52.525 and 446.000 MHz, respectively), just because it happens so rarely and to show it's possible.

Sulphur Springs Mountain is located in southwestern Solano County, above the city of Vallejo, California.

2 comments:

  1. It's okay to use repeaters for liaison and to drum up business for simplex frequencies on other bands. Ask the folk using the 2m repeater to call you on the 6m and 70cm simplex frequencies.

    Good luck Steve completing the activation. Hope you catch four unique chasers on 6m and 70cm.
    Cheers
    Andrew (VK1AD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I activated, I resorted to using local repeaters to drum up 2m contacts. This time, I'll try it as well for the other bands, if necessary. Thanks, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete