Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Shack: A Work in Progress

W6SAE ham shack: a work in progress
Shown are my awesome Yaesu FT-857D transceiver and a Diamond SX-1100 SWR meter. The antenna cable is connected via an MFJ-4601 FeedThru Window Panel. An MFJ-4125 switching power supply powers the radio. My rig is very simple because I'm only set up for VHF and UHF so far. Once I add an HF antenna (for long-distance "DX" contacts), an antenna tuner will be added to the equipment on the table.

To the left, on the window ledge, is my trusty Radio Shack PRO-651 handheld scanner. Posted on the bulletin board is my first  QSL card (!).

When I get around to finishing the shack, there will be a small bookshelf next to the table for my growing collection of amateur radio literature, and the bulletin board and various certificates will be on the wall.

4 comments:

  1. I like the feed through plate. I still have to send you my list for the FT-857D menu setting options.
    73, Andrew VK1AD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent my email address to the "Contact Me" page for your blog in case you're able to send them to me by email. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Steve, I have replied with the details and my email address.
    Cheers
    Andrew VK1AD

    ReplyDelete