Saturday, November 19, 2016

Pacificon 2016 (Almost Finished Catching Up)

Saturday, October 15th through Sunday the 16th, I attended Pacificon 2016, the Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL) Pacific Division Ham Radio Convention. There were lots of hams, lots of vendors, and lots of neat stuff to drool over.

I was able to control myself pretty well, as far as spending money was concerned. I did leave with a few items though, the most expensive of which was a lithium iron phosphate (LiFePo 4) battery for portable operations with the FT-857D. I also bought a nifty callsign desk plaque--seen in the photo of my shack in the previous post--and a few other small items.

The event was a bit overwhelming for me at first, but once I got my bearings I really enjoyed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment