Saturday, October 21, 2017

Activation Report: SOTA W6/CC-063

I activated Mount Tamalpais (W6/CC-063) on July 29. It was my second activation of this 2,500-foot summit since I became involved in Summits On The Air (SOTA). One of the purposes of this activation was to try out my new Efactor Dual-Band 144/432 MHz Antenna on single sideband (SSB). Unfortunately, I left the main part of the antenna at home and did not realize it until I had arrived at the mountain. Luckily, though, I did have my Yaesu ATAS-25 vertical antenna and was therefore able to activate the summit. I logged four contacts on 2-meter FM (146.520 MHz) and six on 20- and 40-meter SSB. However, I did not accomplish my main goal--testing the Efactor antenna; I was determined to rectify that situation with my next activation.


The biggest accomplishment of this activation was that I logged three summit-to-summit contacts, the most distant being in Washington state.

No comments:

Post a Comment