Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Plans for the Near Future

I have several projects in the pipeline; I'll be sure to post progress reports on them as warranted. They are listed below in the order in which they are most likely to happen.

1. My First "Summits-on-the-Air" (SOTA) Activation -- Pt. 968, W6/CV-017 (above Vacaville, California): this is very likely to occur within the next week.

2. My First "Homebrew" Antenna -- I've decided to build a portable 2-meter vertical antenna that I found on page 32 of Vertical Antenna Classics (ARRL, 1995). It is lightweight and of simple construction--perfect for a newbie like me. My goal is to extend the range of my handheld radio during SOTA activations. I've ordered most of the parts I need and hope to start construction soon.

3. General Class License -- I have been studying, slowly making my way through the license manual. I suspect it will be at least another month before I'm ready to take the test.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, I have just started a subscription to your blog. I am looking forward to reading about your first SOTA activation. Good luck and safe travels.

    Regards,

    Andrew (VK1AD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I recently started following your blog.

    ReplyDelete