Saturday, April 9, 2016

SOTA Alert: Pt. 968, W6/CV-017

Tuesday 12 May 2016, 18:00 UTC (11:00 a.m. local time)
52.525 MHz-FM, 146.520 MHz-FM

This will be my first Summits-on-the-Air (SOTA) activation. It's only worth one point, but it's only 12 miles from my house and fairly easily accessible. I will be working the the 6-meter band with a Wouxun KG-UV5D and the 2-meter band with a Yaesu VX-6R. The location is near the southern edge of the city of Vacaville and the western edge of the Sacramento Valley (California), with line of sight to a number of cities, including Vacaville, Fairfield, Dixon, and a large swath of the Valley.

The scheduled time is tentative, depending upon how the morning goes. My only request to anyone who tries to work me is to have patience with me on my first activation!

2 comments: