Saturday, June 11, 2016

KK6ZLX/AG

I passed my General Class examination today. I missed two questions; at least 75 percent correct is required to pass. I have gained privileges over a much larger range of frequencies in the high frequency (HF) bands. I will need to add the suffix "/AG" ("temporary AG" on voice) to my callsign if I use any of my new General Class privileges before my new license grant appears in the FCC database. After that happens, I am going to apply for a new vanity callsign.

I am going to take a break from serious studying and enjoy my new privileges for a while before I get around to upgrading to Amateur Extra, the third and final FCC amateur radio license level.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Steve on you licence upgrade. You have a world of amateur radio waiting to be discovered on SSB. Looking forward to reading reports about your adventures in HF radio.
    Cheers
    Andrew VK1AD in Austria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrew! Perhaps one day we'll share a QSO.

      Delete