Saturday, June 4, 2016

"...soon to upgrade to General Class."

For many months now, the "About Me" section of my profile has included the the above statement. I have to confess that I have not been as diligent about studying for my General Class upgrade as I was for my Technician Class license. After dragging my feet, I'm finally just about ready. I plan to head over to nearby Woodland next Saturday (June 11) for the examination. In the meantime, I've been taking and retaking practice exams on the ARRL website. I'm consistently passing with scores of 80 percent or more correct (75% minimum to pass) and am fairly confident of a successful outcome.

As a sort of reward to myself, upon successfully passing the test and receiving my upgraded license, I plan to apply for a new "vanity" callsign that is less of a mouthful than my current one (more on that later).

No comments:

Post a Comment